SEO Vs. PPC In Houston: Which One You Should Choose? Pt 2
A Guide On Picking Between SEO & PPC
PPC – Pay-Per-Click Advertising
Pay-per-click (PPC) ads involve buying traffic or “clicks” from search engines, including Google, and others. PPC makes it possible for you to swiftly harness search engine traffic by paying or bidding for keywords related to your product or service.
Benefits Of PPC:
- Immediate results – As soon as your PPC campaign begins, you’ll notice an increase in traffic, clicks, and conversions. SEO might take months before your site begins to rank higher in the search engine rankings.
- PPC is scalable and manageable – Once you decide how much you want to spend on PPC advertising, you’ll have a clear picture of how many leads you will receive in return. This goes a long way in helping you come up with an adequate budget for your digital marketing campaign. SEO is not that simple, and it may take longer or cost more money if the location or industry you want to rank for has stiff competition.
- When you use PPC, you don’t have to worry about a search engine’s algorithm affecting your site’s ranking. Because you’re bidding on the top slots, your organic ranking won’t matter. When it comes to SEO, you must make sure that you are optimizing your website in accordance with Google’s recommended practices, or you risk losing rank or being punished for using black hat techniques.
- You have to dig into your pockets to achieve good results, and the more money you spend buying PPC ads, the better the results. Keyword competition has never been fiercer. This may imply that you’ll have to spend extra later for the same results you’ve been getting.
- Researching and picking good keywords to bid on takes a significant amount of time and effort. Managing your keyword budget, tweaking your spending, measuring results, and playing the PPC game properly is a full-time job. You’ll either have to spend time doing it yourself or hire an experienced PPC professional to handle your campaign on your behalf.
- PPC is similar to a faucet: Once it’s turned off, it stops supplying you with leads. If you suddenly have to redirect your PPC spending to something else, can your site survive with the leads you’re generating organically? SEO is long-lasting, and while it takes time and is never fully complete, it is similar to a rolling snowball: it takes some time to get going, and it may slow down from time to time, but once it has gained momentum, there is no stopping it.
Which Is The Best Option For My Business: SEO Or PPC?
So, which is superior? And which one suits your business? It all depends on your budget and industry.
Ideally, combining SEO with a well-structured PPC strategy will yield the best results for a business. You’ll rapidly see an increase in hits and leads, ensuring that your business brings in money as you wait for your SEO efforts to pay off. Keep in mind that a well-planned marketing strategy that integrates the two approaches – SEO and PPC – tends to yield the best possible outcome.
Not sure where to start? Don’t worry! Our PPC and SEO professionals can audit your site, learn about your business, and chart out an effective strategy. Get in touch with us today and we’ll get started! Visit our blog for more related articles! Missed article one? Click here!